A Gig Is a Gig Is a Gig
This weekend I'll be emceeing the 5 year anniversary party of Chicago's premier indie book publisher, Tortoise Books. The celebration will be Saturday, August 5, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 at Bookends & Beginnings in Evanston (address: 1712 Sherman Avenue, Alley 1).
It's going to be a stellar lineup of writers on tap: Alex Higley, Christine Maul Rice, Zoe Zolbrod, and Gerald (also known as Jerry) Brennan. Each one of these writers is worth a listen on their own, but together? All in one place? Come on, man, that's a monopoly of talent that's patently unfair to the competition. Frankly, there ought to be a law against that kind of deck-stacking.
In short, here are just a few of the reasons you might want to stop by and check out this event:
1. You want to help celebrate the enfant terrible of Chicago indie publishing
2. You want to see some great writers read great work
3. You're a huge fan of Evanston and gosh darnit you just don't get up there often enough.
4. You love checking out new independent bookstores and you've never been to Bookends & Beginnings before.
5. You're an aficionado of superb emceeing.
So many reasons to go. So few excuses not to.
Leave a Reply.